Crimson Enclave
Welcome to The Crimson Enclave!

Please log in to access our forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Crimson Enclave
Welcome to The Crimson Enclave!

Please log in to access our forums.
Crimson Enclave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The World of Netarvia
Fantasy RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2011-05-08, 15:48 by Sothrana

» Fantasy RP
Fantasy RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2011-03-27, 16:17 by Amsho

» Unholy Death Knight
Fantasy RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2011-02-14, 21:22 by Maugrim

» Arcane 101
Fantasy RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2011-01-31, 21:42 by Beedle

» Fire Mage 101
Fantasy RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2011-01-31, 17:47 by Maugrim

» Mage Arcane Rotation *funny*
Fantasy RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2010-12-02, 19:23 by Maugrim

Poll

Potatoes. Friend or foe?

Fantasy RP - Page 3 I_vote_lcap33%Fantasy RP - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]
Fantasy RP - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Fantasy RP - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Fantasy RP - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Fantasy RP - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Fantasy RP

+3
Malgrom
Sothrana
Manatha
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fantasy RP - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy RP

Post  Beedle 2011-03-06, 19:48

Gordo walkt aimlessly trough the long corridor. As he had given up hope to find the lower levels of this strange tower that he found so intriguing.

Beedle
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Malgrom 2011-03-06, 20:05

Poons finishes the last of his tea in one clean sweep.
When next he spoke, he did so with a booming voice not fitting his stature.

-"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm so glad you're all finally here!
My name is Wayland Poons, Keymaster to the tower and former librarian of the forgotten library."

Old man Poons paused for a moment as if waiting for applause, there was none and he continued in his normal voice.

-" Now that introductions are aside, let us get down to busin- SQUEEK!
- Ah yes, and this is Beans.."

Poons bows down to the floor and picks up the small hamster.

-" He has been my companion for the last hundred years or so and a trusted friend, so treat him with respect will you.
- Now, what I need from you people is to find my library, I know it's somewhere in the basement but I don't quite know where. I loaned the key to a man named Abbott you see, an old acquaintance of mine but he seems to have gotten himself killed, tragic really. But I really do need that key, if I leave those books alone for too long they'll cause all kinds of havoc unsupervised."

Malgrom
Malgrom
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Mordenn 2011-03-06, 23:09

Jowan glances at the two newcomers and mutters something about intersecting cosmic leylines under his breath. He then looks at the old man, listening intently and even accepting the position of the hamster as though it were perfectly normal. When the library is mentioned he raises an eyebrow.

"The Forgotten Library? It exists then?" the prospect obviously excites him "Such a font of knowledge would be of great interest to one such as myself, yes..." He pauses for a moment.

"If you know where the key is, would it not be possible for you to simply summon it to you....?....Though i suppose it would have wards against such things..."

He trails off, muttering more to himself than to anyone else while considering every angle of the situation. He doesn't seem remotely phased by the odd circumstances, but takes it in his stride. After several minutes he responds-

"I have a great deal of training magically, as well as some...more -unique- skills. I would aid you in this if i might look into your library once the key is found."
Mordenn
Mordenn
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Malgrom 2011-03-06, 23:39

-"Well, I assume there wouldn't be any problem to read some of the books, but I warn you, they do have a life of their own and better men than I have lost their minds trying to decipher them."

Poons pauses for a moment and whispers something unintelligible to the hamster.

-"And none of the books may be removed from the library!" He adds after a short discussion with the gerbil.
-"The rest of you am I sure will find suitable treasures in the dungeon levels of the tower, and should that not be enough I can promise you each a thousand gold on the retrieval of the key. And do not try to use it on your own! Lord knows what might happen if you enter without me, these are books not written by gods per say, but by the beings that monitored them and chronicled their exploits. Much of which was never supposed to be read by mortal men!"
-"So, what say ye?"
Malgrom
Malgrom
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Mordenn 2011-03-06, 23:50

"I'd say i might have a small advantage on the mortal front." Jowan smirks slightly but doesn't elaborate.
"You needn't pay me but i will be happy to lead by skills in exchange for a look at the books. I just hope you don't have any dragons or the like in your tower's dungeons, they tend not to like me..." He continues to mutter quietly to himself as he moves towards the rooms doorway, apparently taking it for granted that the others would accampony him.
Mordenn
Mordenn
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Malgrom 2011-03-07, 00:08

-"Hehe, dragons yes... no I would not worry about that, I locked most of those doors ages ago.
But one last thing, bring Beans with you, I'm sure he will be of help"

Beans stands on his hind legs and salutes before jumping down on the floor and swiftly scurries up Jowans leg and sits down on his shoulder.

-"Oh, and let me bring you to the cellar entrance, it would be easier than for you to try to find your way."

Poons closes the door to the study and locks it, then flips through his key-chain until he finds one made of cast iron, it seems heavy. When he opens the door with the key there is a hallway on the other side. This one is not like the others, it has brick walls and a damp cold air howling through it, along the walls torches has been put up to light the otherwise pitch black hallway.

-"Do remember to take a torch with you, they will come in handy."

Poons seems awfully cheerful despite his surroundings and hurries down the hallway.
Malgrom
Malgrom
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Mordenn 2011-03-07, 00:27

Jowan peers at the hamster sitting on his shoulder but apparently decides just to go with it, nodding slightly to the small mammal. He clicks his fingers and the carved head of his stuff suddenly comes to life, seeming to squirm and wriggle in the low light until it morphs into a torch of deep blue flame, similar in colour to his robes. He seems happy enough to take the lead of the small expidition, though the others may not be comfortable with someone quite so eccentric at their head.

"Yes, you were right, the leylines..." He mutters this to himself but loud enough for the others to hear. He turns to Poons.
"One thing...do you know of any way we could track this key? A magical trail, a special way of recognising it?"
Mordenn
Mordenn
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Malgrom 2011-03-07, 00:35

-"Well Abbott was heading to the forgotten library, and the only way there is through the forgotten city, in the forgotten lands.. I need to think up better names for these places.... anyways, until you come to the forgotten lands it is more or less trial and error I'm afraid. But you will recognize it when you get there, everyone does. It's like remembering a smell from your childhood, and just as easy to forget again... THAT'S WHY I CALL IT THE FORGOTTEN LANDS!"

Poons chuckles at himself, it's hard to decide if this little man has everything in perfect control or if he lost his mind ages ago.
Malgrom
Malgrom
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Mordenn 2011-03-07, 00:39

Jowan laughs with him, for a moment seeming just as crazy as Poons but becomes serious again quickly.
" Well then, i suppose we'd better get going before we all forget...."
He chuckles to himself then turns round at the others for the first time, only now realising that they may all still be sitting at the table.
Mordenn
Mordenn
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Manatha 2011-03-07, 00:51

Narei blinks in suprise as she nearly walks into Jowan.

"I'm coming. I wanted an adventure, and this certainly is one"
Manatha
Manatha
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Mordenn 2011-03-07, 00:56

Jowan nods absently and seems happy to simply assume the others are coming. He clicks his fingers again and an orb of blue fire materialises above Narei's head, allowing her to see even if she is seperated. He would do the same for anyone else following and then sets off down the tunnel, apparently eager to have something to do.
Mordenn
Mordenn
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sothrana 2011-03-07, 01:08

Maylean sighs and draws the brush through her dark waistlong hair to get out old leaves and sticks. She frowns slightly at the man named Jowan as he clicks his fingers.

"Do you truly have to do that? Click your fingers for something to happen?" she says as she stares at the odd womans tail. "And are you truly an oversized cat with a mans features?"

Last edited by Sothrana on 2011-03-07, 01:57; edited 1 time in total
Sothrana
Sothrana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mordenn 2011-03-07, 01:26

Jowan stares at the other woman for a moment.
"You are very forethright with your questions aren't you? Some might think that rude, i like it."
He turns away and continues to walk forward before speaking over his shoulder
"No i of course i don't -need- to. I just like to."
As though to illlustrate his point, he lets go off his staff for a moment and it continues to move as though he were still carying it, striking agianst the ground regularly in pace with him. With his hands free, he reaches up and unties the cloth over his eyes, pulling it away and tucking it into his cloak. It is now visable that while he still has his eyes and appears to be able to see, they are both a milky white colour with no irises or pupils, the only colour in them given by the blue veins crossing them at the sides. It is now apparent that he wore the scarf before only to avoid disturbing others.
Mordenn
Mordenn
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sothrana 2011-03-07, 01:59

"How... Remarkably strange, I must say.." is all she answers as she continues walking a few feet behind the odd woman, her hands still busy with her hair.
Sothrana
Sothrana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Manatha 2011-03-07, 02:17

"I... uhh.... I'm just me..." Narei drifts off into an embarrassed silence.
Manatha
Manatha
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Beedle 2011-03-07, 02:47

As Gordo walks around aimlessly in the long hallway opening doors here and there. Trying to either find the door out or somehow find his way back to the kitchen whit the funny litle old man and all the other strange animlas in it. As he opens a door he notice that it dosent look like all the other hallways this one has bricks for walls instead off wood. Gordo carefully takes a curious peek out in the new hallway to see what it has in store for him. As he dose he can hear voices in the distance.
Beedle
Beedle
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sothrana 2011-03-07, 06:01

"Is there any others like you? Utmost interesting.. " she mutters to herself, her eyebrows arched as she stares at the floor in deep thought. Her feet walking as if switched on the Autopilot.
Sothrana
Sothrana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amsho 2011-03-07, 21:03

"What!? You're assuming we actually want to do this?" Aisuru plants her fists on her hips. "Who are you to..."
"Didn't he mention something about treasure?" Tsume tries.
"Shush! This is all magic. Magic! Can't be trusted."
"But we are kind of broke you know..."
Aisuru stares Tsume down, and then waves her arms in exasperation. "Fine! But this one will be on you." She angrily waves a finger at Tsume, who just shrugs. Then he smiles mischievously, conjuring up a slim throwing dagger.
"You really should have more confidence in your capability, sister" he says.
Aisuru sighs, raking her fingers through blood colored hair. "You're right. If anyone tries something funny, it will be the last thing they do." Then she glares at the glowing orb of light. "And get that thing away from me! It's doing more harm than good." She tries to wave it away like it was a very annoying fly.
Tsume frowns at the light over his head, and then blows at it like he tries to blow out a candle. It works, earning him a glare from Aisuru. He blows out her light as he passes by, ignoring her indignant stare. She falls in pace behind him, arms crossed over her chest and muttering under her breath.

Amsho
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Mordenn 2011-03-07, 22:27

Jowan glances back at the two others curiously.
"Ahh, you are right to mistrust magic, yes. Notoriously unpredictable! I however am completely trustworthy, and so is He."

He doesn't mention who "He" is but continues on as though it was the most ordinary thing to say possible. Presently he comes to a fork in the corridor, one continues straight but gets darker and has a strange smell coming from it. The other goes deeper underground and strange clicking noises echo along it. He stops and waits for the others to catch up.
Mordenn
Mordenn
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Malgrom 2011-03-08, 00:34

Poons didn't seem to have noticed that the others wasn't keeping up with him and had now reached the cellar door. It looked much like the entrance to the tower, large with demons sculpted into it and shining in the light from the nearby torches, but this door was chained shut.

The chains which held the door firmly locked seemed to be made from cast iron and you would think such chains would be heavy. These chains on the other hand seemed to be gently floating, or at least moving about. They made heavy metallic sounds as they did so. Where the chains came together in front of the door there was a heavy lock in the form of a face, it's eyes stared forward.

-*cough*

The lock looked down, Poons stood beneath it.

-"Good evening Gormath." Said the old man.
-"Oh.. it is you again Wayland... I told you I did not want to play chess anymore and I mean it." The lock said with a sigh.
-"No, no, no it's not that, I've come to open the cellar door you see."
-"No."
-"I'm sorry?"
The lock sighed again.
-"Why would you want to enter the cellar, you know what's down there, you've been there before."
-"Yes but this time I'm not the one entering, my friends are."
-"You don't have any friends, I'm probably the longest acquaintance you've ever had and I can barely stand you."
-"Whatever, will you open or will I have to use the key?"
-"Fine, fine, as long as you don't make a big fuss if they don't come back up."
-"Fine."
-"Fine."

The chains that held the door closed relaxed and Poons turned around to wait for his new-found "friends".
Malgrom
Malgrom
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Mordenn 2011-03-08, 01:10

Jowan squints down both corridors. as though staring into a bright light, then sets off confidently down the lower one, not bothering to check if he's being followed. When he reaches Poons he bows his head slightly and looks at the chain, smiling slightly to himself.
"Interesting, very interesting...."
He glances back at the others then cracks his knuckles in preperation, staring at the door as if it was about to attack him
Mordenn
Mordenn
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Beedle 2011-03-09, 03:16

As Gordo walks down the long hallway looking around thinking about alot off things he dosent notice the animals he bumpt into befor and as a result ha walkt right into the one whit a tail and a funny looking hat that lookt like cat ears or something like it.

-Oh hi there I see that you to have found your way to this new place.
Beedle
Beedle
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Manatha 2011-03-09, 16:09

"I'm not exactly the only of my kind, i'm- eep!"

Narei jumps and looks down at Gordo

"Oh, hello again." She indicates towards the door that Jowan and Poons just went though "we're following them, apparently there is some big City or Library or something. by the way, are you a Machine Melder?"
Manatha
Manatha
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Beedle 2011-03-09, 16:37

Gordo follows as he get curious about this supposed land.
-If it has something to do whit machines I can do mostly anything I am what my race calls a machine prodigy.
Beedle
Beedle
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Mordenn 2011-03-10, 00:14

Jowan continues down the corrider through the door, seeming to take the lead while still following Poons. He keeps muttering unintelligibly to himself and peering over his shoulder at the others, paying particular attention to the two or races he doen't recognise and the one with magical ability. While he is merely studying them out of interest, it probably feels as thogh hes staring at them, perhaps making him seem a little menacing
Mordenn
Mordenn
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Mordenn 2011-03-10, 02:44

Jowan resumes his position at the door, glaring at it witht he strangest feeling of Deja vu.
Mordenn
Mordenn
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Manatha 2011-03-12, 22:02

"yeah, that sounds about right"

Narei reaches the door, still talking to Gordo
Manatha
Manatha
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Amsho 2011-03-12, 22:26

They reach the door where the others are waiting, not really certain they want to proceed. Tsume bites his lip as he looks at the doorway, a worried frown showing.
"Stop that" Aisuru mutters. "It does not become a..." she glances at the others. "It doesn't become someone of our proffession."
Tsume just shrugs, but stops chewing on his lip.
Despite her words, unease is plain in Aisuru's face, and her eyes seems to be throwing daggers.

Amsho
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Mordenn 2011-03-12, 22:56

Jowan looks a little surprised when nothing happens with the door- apparently, he was expecting it to burst open and unleash a swarm of bloodthirsty creatures at him. He frowns and reaches out tentively, tapping tje wood then knocking more firmly on the door, glancing at Poons.
Mordenn
Mordenn
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Malgrom 2011-03-12, 23:36

"Now remember, get the key for me and there's a thousand gold each in it for you, as well as limited access to the library as under my supervision. Beans will do his best to help you on your way."

Poons tries to push everyone onwards through the door.

-"Nothing to worry about I assure you, Beans will fetch me if things turn bad, now off you go!"

Malgrom
Malgrom
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Manatha 2011-03-12, 23:52

Narei walks though the door first, the suddenly side steps out of sight, as if expecting something to come plummeting out of the sky.

(( Seb wants to join us))
Manatha
Manatha
Crimson Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum